Scottish Widows were quoted as ‘gone to the dogs’, with over half the group’s funds underperforming.
The worst culprits in different categories were
- UK – £13m Marlborough UK Equity Growth, down 37%
- European – £355m Melchior European Opportunities, down 37%
- International – £60m UBS Global Optimal, down 14%
- North America – £9m Invesco Perpetual US Aggressive, down 27%
- Tech – £37m Jupiter Global Technology, down 11%
- Japan – £66m M&G Japan Smaller Companies, down 28%
- Emerging Markets – £59m Lloyd George Emerging Markets, down 19%
- Asia Pacific – £232m Invesco Perpetual Hong Kong & China, down 25%
Invesco Perpetual have star manager Neil Woodford but as you can see are home to 2 dogs.